Peter is a passionate creative, a philosophical and spiritual learner, often irreverent, and always inspirational.
Peter has dedicated his career to guiding athletes toward their goals. He consults with executives, business groups, and youth about performance, whether on the playing field, in the boardroom, or in everyday life.
Peter, a “thinking man’s athlete,” developed his Life Athlete program—a plan and practice for maximum achievement, fitness, and confidence–by constantly evolving it over his decades long commitment to fitness and helping people become their best.
Some of Peter’s key accomplishments:
- Two-time Olympic Track and Field athlete (1976, 1980)
- Director of Strength and Conditioning for the Seattle Mariners (1983-1994)
- Conditioning Coach for the Pacific Northwest Ballet (1992-1997)
- University of Oregon Athletic Hall of Fame member
- Founder of the top fitness center in the Pacific Northwest
- Lifelong surfer
- Published author and speaker
- 30+ years successful fitness and conditioning innovator
Peter’s has been fortunate to work with some of the most talented and influential leaders in the fitness industry:
- University of Oregon track coach, and founder of Nike, Bill Bowerman
- T’ai chi Master, Gao Li Ting
- Gifted teacher of awareness and meditation, Ken Lloyd Russell (The Way of Seeing)
- Former Mr. America, Ralph Kroger
- World champion power-lifter, Don Cundy
His mentor at the University of Oregon, Bill Bowerman, was a legendary track coach who also invented the “waffle shoe” and went on to found Nike. Bowerman is famous for saying, “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” Why not be the best athlete you can be—and for life?