Dr. Robert Schoene, aka Brownie, is a man of many talents and a vast reservoir of knowledge. Professionally, he teaches students, residents, fellows in training, athletes, and patients with heart and lung disease the importance of understanding exercise physiology in improving their own lives. A wealth of knowledge and experience which will leave listeners of this Life Athlete podcast are in for a real treat.
An avid and gifted athlete, he played football at Princeton, climbed Mt. Everest (to the 24K foot level) as part of a high altitude research expedition, and being the aerobic animal he is, he’s run a sub 3 hour marathon.
In this podcast Brownie gives his take on:
- The effects of aging on cardiovascular capacity and how we can stay aerobically fit no matter what.
- Debunking myths and BS about current fitness trends.
- you can improve strength and cardiovascular in your 50, 60s just like you could in your 30s.
- What’s the most efficient way to increase your anaerobic threshold.
- How to get the most out of interval training without over training.